none
Change the permission in regedit.exe RRS feed

• General discussion

• My destination in regedit.exe is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

I need to change permission for editing registry.

But when i try to do the following steps:

In Regedit, select you key, right-click-->Permissions-->Advanced-->Owner, select Administrators, Apply. Then grand Full Control to "Administrators".

Then there is not possible to change permission. The error is:

"Unable to save permission changes on full/1033.
                  Access is denied."

Sayed

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Sayed,

Thanks for your post here. Let me charify something first:

Why did you want to change permission of this key? Have you met any error when installing Visual Studio or .NET Framewrok? If so, could you please share more details here?

Does your current account have amdinistrator privilege?

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Change the status to "General Discussion"
    We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and click the button "Change Type" at the top of the post. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

I have been using windows 8 RTM for a while now. As a part of optimizing its performance I installed the OS on an SSD then moved Program Data to HDD, this is a common practice and microsoft supports it from windows 98.   The problem is that I can't access App Store and any of those metro apps.  I found a solution here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itproinstall/thread/3cac1621-00cb-4fc3-8a07-9a28176de510/ but the problem is that I am not able to edit the registry key, I am an admin of the PC though the PC is connected to the domain, plz help. The error I got when I wanted to grant myself the permission "Unable to save permission changes on Appx. Access Denied".

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:04 PM