none
visual studio 2012 unable to start program RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed a VS 2012 pro update. Now when I try to debug the software I get "Unable to start program" the program it cannot start is one of the project .lib files.

I have tried repairing VS with no success. The .lib file is created. There was an error in the project properties file, the output and intermediate directories did not have a '/' at the end of it. I have put it in, but VS seemed to put it in when compiling.

Plan 'Z' would be to restore the software to the earlier state.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Monday, November 25, 2013 11:26 AM

Answers

• On 11/25/2013 6:26 AM, rockmate wrote:

I have just downloaded and installed a VS 2012 pro update. Now when I try to debug the software I get "Unable to start program" the program it cannot start is one of the project .lib files.

You have a wrong project marked as start-up project. In Solution Explorer, right-click the project that produces an EXE, and choose Set as StartUp Project from the menu.

Igor Tandetnik
    • Marked as answer by rockmate Monday, November 25, 2013 1:14 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 1:09 PM

All replies

• On 11/25/2013 6:26 AM, rockmate wrote:

You have a wrong project marked as start-up project. In Solution Explorer, right-click the project that produces an EXE, and choose Set as StartUp Project from the menu.

Igor Tandetnik
    • Marked as answer by rockmate Monday, November 25, 2013 1:14 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 1:09 PM
  • thank you, thank you. I guesse4d it was something simple but could not figure it out.

Thanks again Igor

Monday, November 25, 2013 1:14 PM
  • question were is solution explore on program.

also saying exe
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:11 AM