none
When can we build LightSwitch via tfs.visualstudio.com Build services (preview)? RRS feed

• Question

• Any ideas on when we'll be able to leverage build services for LightSwitch build and deploys via tfs.visualstudio.com? 

PP

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Tfs.visualstudio.com has probably not yet the latest lightswitch bits (V3) on its build machines. A V2 can be build on the TFS hosted build machines. I tried this and this works.

it's quite easy to attach an on premise build machine to tfs.visualstudio.com and then it will work also with a V3, as long as you follow carefully what I documented over here:

SETTING UP AN INTEGRATED BUILD AND DEPLOY PIPELINE FOR LIGHTSWITCH APPLICATIONS (PART 1)

I'm not sure that, under the assumption that the TFS hosted build machines have V3, you will be able to deploy from the azure hosted build machine. From an on premise build machine it should work. (will be the subject of part 2 of the above article).

paul van bladel

Friday, April 12, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Hey Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply. I may give this a try on the weekend - deploy TFS on a VM in Azure, and configure it with V3.

Notwithstanding, has anyone mentioned of anything on the roadmap for tfs.visualstudio.com to include LightSwitch bits? 

PP

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:24 PM