none
How to bring content from MySql workbench to Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know how to bring information from MySql workbench to visual Studio.

So i made a program that you need to insert your login and password. After that i made another form that shows user information.

On workbench i put users information.

My question is how do i bring user REAL name "Not logins name"  from workbench to display on visual studio label.

Friday, December 6, 2019 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Banheraz,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>> I would like to know how to bring information from MySql workbench to visual Studio.

## According to your description, I have something to confirm you. What’s your project type and your Visual Studio edition? I suppose your issue is about the development and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE issues, if possible, please provide us with more details so that we can help you move this thread to seek for a better support forum.

In addition, if your program is about C#, I suppose the similar issue will be helpful to you.

if you have any more Visual Studio General Questions issues in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks for your understanding and any feedback will be greatly expected.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 6, 2019 11:20 AM
  • Hi Banheraz,

Sorry to bother you.

Based on your description, you could refer the sample below, it will check the user and password to display the corresponding information,

connection.Open();

Form2 Inputform = new Form2();

DataSet userds = new DataSet();
    useradapter.Fill(userds, "users");

for (int i = 0; i < userds.Tables["users"].Rows.Count; i++)
    {
        if(userds.Tables["users"].Rows[i]["Name"].ToString() == Inputform.tbusername.Text.ToString() 
          && userds.Tables["users"].Rows[i]["password"].ToString() == Inputform.tbpassword.Text.ToString())
        {
            label1.Text = userds.Tables["users"].Rows[i]["persanl information"].ToString();
            break; //quit the for loop 
        }
    }

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 9, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Hi Banheraz,

Sorry to bother you.

I have found some tutorials from YouTube and maybe you could check if this could help you.

Connect MySql to Visual Studio

Connect MySql to Visual Studio 2019

You could also refer to Dylan’s suggestion.

BTW, Not sure which kind of project do you use and what language do you use (Like Anna said above). Since our forum is discussing about the usage of tools and editors in Visual Studio, I may share you with some forums and you could redirect to this forum: stack overflow tagged mysql-workbench and visual-studio to seek for a more professional help.

Hope this could help you.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

Note: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. 

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:02 AM
  • Im not sure if i explained correctly but i have some prints that may help.

Ill go step by step:

Step 1: My program has form where i create an account and it saves on workbench.

https://prnt.sc/q9axoa

Step 2: I have another form that i insert User and Password.

https://prnt.sc/q9ay7y

Step 3: I have user Profile info.

https://prnt.sc/q9ayps

In Step 3 on "Bem-Vindo" label i wanted to show user Real Name but i dont know how to do it.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:20 PM
  • Hi Banheraz,

Thanks for your update and sorry for my delay reply.

According to your description and uploaded picture, I suppose this is an issue about code development issue and our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio IDE issues. You could ask asp.net forum for a better support.

BTW, if you have any more Visual Studio General Questions issues in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Anna

Friday, December 13, 2019 10:32 AM
  • First of all: Clarify your question. What are your requirements?

Cause "[..] bring content from MySql workbench [..]" implies interaction or automation of the MySQL Workbench application.

Or do you simply want to query a MySQLdatabaseor MySQL server?

Friday, December 13, 2019 11:21 AM