none
Any keyboard Event in add-on advances to next mail in outlook plugin RRS feed

• Question

• When I press the space bar it does not provide a space. I can type characters fine but it seems like the
    focus goes to Outlook and scrolls from email to email every time I press the spacebar or tab event.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create Outlook add-in with textbox field inside using WPF user control.

2. Install the tool.

3.With Outlook open, open the tool and click in the textbox field and press the space bar with no issue.

4. Close the tool.

5.Select any particular email and with your mouse click and highlight some text in the email.

6. With the text still highlighted open the tool again, click in the description field and
    press the space bar. It should re-create the issue.

Could any one of you please help me.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hello Priyanka,

> with textbox field inside using WPF user control.

Could you please be more specific? Where exactly do you show the user control? Is it a form region or adjacent window?

Try to turn off the Single key reading using the space bar option in Outlook which allows you to move quickly through your messages in the Reading Pane. The space bar scrolls the current item. At the end of the item, it jumps to the next unread item in your message list.

See Space bar advances to next mail in outlook plugin for more information. Also you may find the Problem with Space Bar in WPF Outlook Addin forum thread helpful.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:04 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

This is a form region. I have created a form using WPF with several controls which contains dropdownlist and text areas.

Target: I should be able to add space bar in description text field and if I click Tab the focus should move to other controls in that tool. but that is not happening. the focus is shifting to email instead of remaining in the same tool.

I tried disabling the single key reading using space bar. if I do this I am not able to add the spacebar in textbox field (description) and also focus is also not shifting to email. But this is not only problem with space bar ,even I am able to produce the above issue with tab event.

If we highlight the text in email and then redirect to opened tool and then mouse click on text field(description).now enter characters and click spacebar or tab then the focus is shifting on the emails and they are scrolling. neither spacebar nor tab focus remains in the tool in this scenario only.

Please reply me

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:28 PM