none
'No property named 'capabilities' found in new session request body.' RRS feed

• Question

• We are switching from Coded UI to Selenium. I have successfully created a Selenium test case and it works perfectly when running with the chrome driver. I'm having an issue, however, with the IE Driver. Every time I running my method with the IE driver I received an error message stating:

'No property named 'capabilities' found in new session request body.'

What is causing with issue with the IE Driver?

Error message:

Here is the version of the IE Driver I am using:

Here is where I have both drivers located:

KJ

Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi KJ_5000,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As your description, please update your IE version to IE11, and enable "Enable automatic crash recovery" in IE options.

If it doesn't work, you could refer this example to add capabilities for IE Driver.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 13, 2019 10:17 AM
  • Enable automatic crash recovery is already checked. Also the example you attached only references Chrome and Firefox. Can you give me an example for IE and Edge. Thanks.

KJ

Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:02 PM
  • Hi KJ_5000,

Thank you for reply.

On my side, I use "IEOptions.ToCapabilities()" method get my default IE capability: 

You could try to add the corresponding values for the driver. 

InternetExplorerOptions IEOptions = new InternetExplorerOptions();
    IEOptions.AddAdditionalCapability("BrowserName","internet explorer",true);

EdgeOptions edgeOptions = new EdgeOptions();
    edgeOptions.AddAdditionalCapability("BrowserName","microsoft edge");

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 20, 2019 9:27 AM