none
The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Web' specified could not be found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a project that when i try to open it I get that error:

The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Web' specified could not be found.

I use visual studio 2017 community. the same project works in other computer; so I wonder why in mine it does not?

help, please.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:24 AM

All replies

• You need to check .Net Framwork Version.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:33 AM
  • How can i know what version it should be? 

I have in my computer Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 

• Edited by osnat89 Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:00 AM
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi osnat89,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the error message, please check this similar issue: The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Web' specified could not be found

Nick Guerrera[MSFT]:

To use the web sdk:

* At least one version of the .NET Core SDK must be installed.

* It must be version v1.0.4 or newer.

* global.json (if present) must specify a version that is installed (technically, it can have a lower patch version, e.g. 1.1.0 in global.json will find 1.1.1)

* .NET Core v1.1.0, which comes bundled with VS or v2.0.0 from https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/core are recommended over v1.0.x.

Please go to Help-About Microsoft Visual Studio and if it is not the latest version: 15.3.4, re-run the VS 2017 installer as administrator and click ‘Update’ button to upgrade. Then Download and install the .NET Core 2.0 SDK, if you have installed it please ignore this. Check the global.json file and modify the SDK 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 or 2.0.0, then reopen this project again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 15, 2017 5:56 AM
  • Hi osnat89,

Does your issue is solved or not? If not, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:44 AM
  • Hello, i have the same problem. I don't have no global.json everyvere. Where exactly must i create one?

• /repros
    • /repros/projekt portfolio (here ist my .sln)
    • /repros/projekt portfolio/project (here is my .csproj) 
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:10 AM
  • For those coming here from from search results, having this problem with .netcore projects

I had this issue with Visual Studio 2017, Version 15.5.1.

Quick Fix. 

1. Close Visual Studio

2. Download .Net Core SDK from https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/windows

3. Run a repair

4. Open Visual Studio. Project Should Load.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:03 PM
  • The file is something like "‪C:\Users\<user name>\global.json".

This file is NOT part of your project, so if you're checking out a healthy project from source control, it may not load on your system if this file exists and is set to 1.0.0.  (Simple fix, but it took me awhile to discover it...)

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:06 PM
  • I have the same problem about this topic , wonder if this solution is available or not? have you solved?
    Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:55 AM