Side by side error in my visual studio 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• When I am open Vs-2019 then show below error... how to resolve this error can anyone help me.

I am also trying to install ----> Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015  

but my problem is not resolved ...........???

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Automation\VCSharpExtensibilityLib.tlb.MANIFEST" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

Thursday, August 13, 2020 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Have you tried repairing your VS2019 in Visual Studio Installer?

Based on the error message, it seems that the side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Please uninstall all Visual C++ Redistributable items via Control Panel and update your VS2019 to the latest version.

Then, run your VS2019 in Safe Mode.

If it persists, please share us more details about the error so that we can investigate it further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Anna

" Visual Studio Setup and Installation " forum will be migrating to a new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the " Visual Studio Setup and Installation " forums new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, August 14, 2020 6:28 AM