none
How to implement autocomplete in input text form using Jquery Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I'm new to JQuery Mobile...

Does anyone know how to implement autocomple when input data in a TextBox (like intellisense) using JQuery Mobile?

I found some resources, but all for searching, not for data entry......

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Most likely you will have to write quite a bit of code to achieve this. See this page for an example. The sample is using ajax to load the data and fill into the List View, but you can use myapp.activeDataWorkspace to load data instead.

Best regards,
    Huy

• Proposed as answer by Yunjie Pei - MSFT Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yuwei Pan Monday, September 16, 2013 10:01 AM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you bit more detail with example?

Because as far as I know that for autocomplete based on database, first it will search on database and show the result while you typing. Same as for intellisense.

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, it's based on Database, just like when we Google something, e.g. when I type 'ja', is Shows 'Java, JavaScript....' in the list.

I found the some similiar stuff about ListView, but it seems like it's only for search, not for data Input in a form.

Thanks again!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

Most likely you will have to write quite a bit of code to achieve this. See this page for an example. The sample is using ajax to load the data and fill into the List View, but you can use myapp.activeDataWorkspace to load data instead.

Best regards,
    Huy

• Proposed as answer by Yunjie Pei - MSFT Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yuwei Pan Monday, September 16, 2013 10:01 AM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 6:02 PM