Archive the Done cloumn

Question

• I want to know is there is any way, so that i can archive the PBIs and bugs in done column in each sprint according the release. after archiving i should be able to remove it from done column in Backlogs kanban borad.

Please let know if there is any 3rd party extension or any functionality in VSTS.

• Moved by Limitxiao Gao Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:15 AM Related to VSTS
    Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Rishika,

Our forum is for Team Foundation Server on premise. As your problem is related to Visual Studio Team Services on line. I help you move it to the VSTS forum.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:01 AM
  • The archive feature does not exist, but we will only show limited number of cards in 'done' state. Also, we would like to know what's your motivation to archive.

You can raise the user voice for this feature here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Edited by Sheethal J S Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Nayana A S Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:17 AM
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Hello,

My company want to archive all the pbis in done column after the end of each sprint because we will be releasing the version. we are using VSTS.

As we want to create a readme and make an account of all the pbis that are done in this sprint for our clients and also for the company accounts that what is done in a sprint.

If there is no archive feature thats fine, but could you let me know of any other way or 3rd party extension that can export all the done PBIs to a folder or something. and then remove from the done column as there will be a huge list of items in done column, and we dont want that.

Please suggest a solution

Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:36 AM
  • We do not have an Archive feature. If you want to create a report of what was completed at the end of a sprint, they can use the Queries hub to do so. Internal example:

If you don’t want the work items showing up in the Done column at all, you can also set the work item state to “Removed” at which point you could also query for work items that have been removed from a particular sprint as well.

I am not aware of any 3rd party extension that exports PBIs to a folder. However, you can use the Open in Excel extension on a WIT query to save results to excel if that helps:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=blueprint.vsts-open-work-items-in-excel.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Swikruti Bose Monday, June 12, 2017 5:30 PM
    Monday, June 12, 2017 5:30 PM