none
Visual Studio Community 2017 15.2, 15.3 or 15.4 installation?

Question

• Hello,

I have some issues with CUDA 9 (it's not supported yet) on latest VS and I'm wondering where I could get version 15.2, 15.3 or 15.4?

I already tried "Visual Studio Dev Essentials" but I can only get latest 2017 or 2015.

Thanks!

Thursday, December 07, 2017 10:37 PM

Answers

• I've already kinda resolved this, I've managed to find installer for VS 15.4.5, which wouldn't work cause it would try to update itself... however it would let you make offline installer for 15.4.5, which would then let you install 15.4.5.

So, for now Ill just stay on 15.4.5 :) at least until CUDA people fix their issues...

Thanks anyways!

• Marked as answer by _JerneJ_ Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:28 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:26 AM

All replies

• Hi _JerneJ_,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

As you could see in the Download older versions , only VS 2017 15.0 and 15.5 are available on the official download site. I'm sorry to tell you that 15.2 and 15.3 can't be downloaded from website.

>>I have some issues with CUDA 9 (it's not supported yet) on latest VS

Focusing on this issue, I help you report this feedback about supporting CUDA 9 via the Report a Problem option in the upper right-hand  corner of either the installer or the Visual Studio IDE itself.

Please see:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/163758/vs-2017-155-doesnt-support-cuda-9.html

You can track your issues in the Visual Studio Developer Community, please wait patiently till this is fixed in the next VS release.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 08, 2017 7:09 AM
  • The issue has already been reported

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/163758/vs-2017-155-doesnt-support-cuda-9.html

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1027209/cuda-9-0-does-not-work-with-the-latest-vs-2017-update/

The problem is... from what I saw so far there's not workaround yet. I already tried altering host_config.h but that didn't work out. So now I'm kinda stuck with project that I can't compile anymore...

Saturday, December 09, 2017 11:08 AM
  • Hi _JerneJ,

Sorry about this inconvenience it brings to you, I have also reported this to senior engineer in internal way, please update VS the installer to the latest version..

You could also refer to Using CUDA with Visual Studio 2017 to make sure that additional components for Visual Studio 2017 are installed well.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 9:27 AM
  • I've already kinda resolved this, I've managed to find installer for VS 15.4.5, which wouldn't work cause it would try to update itself... however it would let you make offline installer for 15.4.5, which would then let you install 15.4.5.

So, for now Ill just stay on 15.4.5 :) at least until CUDA people fix their issues...

Thanks anyways!

• Marked as answer by _JerneJ_ Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:28 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:26 AM
  • Hi Beauk,

Thank you for your update.

Glad to hear that you solved this successfully, It's really kind of you for sharing such a good solution.
    Have a good day :)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:47 AM