none
visual studio wont install RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 service pack 1. I downloaded visual studio 2015 community update 1 iso and it wont install keeps saying setup has issues. ive got avg turned off I checked the hash its good I updated windows 7 with all their available updates. it just wont load. I uploaded my log files could you please check them out heres the link <a href="https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE338D6C4F8D7C47!115&authkey=!AACBEav5uopPkJ4&ithint=folder%2c">vslogs</a>
    • Edited by jeffrey513 Sunday, January 24, 2016 2:58 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi  Jeffrey,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

I have checked the log you uploaded to onedrive and found there is not any VS installation log file in the vslogs. Did you clean the temp folder after the VS setup? If so, I suggest you use a healthy iso to repair it first.

Since you used iso to install VS before, did you use FCIV utility to check its hash value?

If not,  you may use FCIV.exe http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290  to verify hash of the ISO.
    Any discrepancy would indicate that the file was corrupted. Here is a blog for how to use it, you can refer to it.

VS 2015 iso files SHA-1 Values link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx

After making sure the iso is complete, you could use it to repair your VS 2015 update1.

Besides, in order to narrow down the problems of VS setup, there are some tips about installing VS:
    1. Disable anti-virus or anti-spyware software.
    2. Check windows update.
    3. Clear %TEMP% folder.
    4. Run the installer as administrator.
    you should make sure you’ve followed these tips:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vssetup/thread/60f71a54-506e-4c70-be98-e993ce6d1ddf

If the above still doesn't help, I need you installation log file to troubleshoot this issue,
    please use  http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to  https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:37 AM
  • lana maybe im misunderstanding but I just looked in my vslogs.zip at the one drive link and I see over a dozen dd_vs_community_2016blablabla .log and .feed files

are these not the ones your looking for. it's in the temp directory. I don't believe my install ever gets to a point where it installs to windows.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:18 PM
  • also I have done all the things you suggest in the previous comments. I checked the hash and the numbers were an exact match. also I did an update to windows 7 and installed 156 update files cant say for sure if I have what I need but those were all the ones the update checker required and 50 some files that were not required.

so as far as cleaning the temp file I did nothing to any files except make a copy of the fvslogs file and paste it to the one drive, after running vscheck. if I need to do a temp file cleaning please specify the file location and maybe some steps for cleaning I assume this is just to leave the folder and delete the files within. lana I see you help a lot of people on this forum I just want you to know how much I appreciate your time and efforts you know us newbies would be in a world of hurt without you and people like you thank you so much. I will be looking forward to your reply.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:35 PM
  • I did see something about checking windows 7 protected files. do you think I might need to do that?
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:38 PM
  • Hi Jeffrey,

I agree with you, you could check if there is anything wrong with the protected files, it may be helpful for narrowing down some potential problems.

You could also use sfc /scannow to check your OS. Repair the registry is now required to fix this issue.

See here about that command:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491008.aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:23 AM
  • lana;

I ran the scannow tool and it said it fixed some corrupt files but had others it couldn't fix. I've uploaded the log files for scannow because I cant make sense of them.i tried to load vs 2015 community again but still get the setup has issues fault. I'm not sure what to do next. were you able to look at the vslogs one the ondrive link its' the same link for the scannow logs <a href="https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE338D6C4F8D7C47!115&authkey=!AACBEav5uopPkJ4&ithint=folder%2c">vslogs</a>  as I said in my earlier post the vs community install was referenced in the temp directory of vslogs.cab  I don't have a windows 7 disk to reinstall the os. it came with the computer and I have a lot of stuff on my drive so I would rather not have to format it. please help if you can.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:28 PM
  • [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:23]i000: MUX:  Detect Completed, now create view
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]e000: MUX:  ERROR: The type initializer for 'MS.Internal.Classification' threw an exception.
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]e000: MUX:  Stack:    at MS.Internal.Classification.GetUnicodeClassUTF16(Char codepoint)
       at System.Windows.Media.Typeface.CheckFastPathNominalGlyphs(CharacterBufferRange charBufferRange, Double emSize, Double widthMax, Boolean keepAWord, Boolean numberSubstitution, CultureInfo cultureInfo, Int32& stringLengthFit)
       at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.SimpleRun.CreateSimpleTextRun(CharacterBufferRange charBufferRange, TextRun textRun, TextFormatterImp formatter, Int32 widthLeft, Boolean emergencyWrap)
       at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.SimpleRun.Create(FormatSettings settings, CharacterBufferRange charString, TextRun textRun, Int32 runLength, Int32 widthLeft)
       at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.SimpleRun.Create(FormatSettings settings, Int32 cp, Int32 cpFirst, Int32 widthLeft, Int32 widthMax)
       at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.SimpleTextLine.Create(FormatSettings settings, Int32 cpFirst, Int32 paragraphWidth)
       at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.TextFormatterImp.FormatLineInternal(TextSource textSource, Int32 firstCharIndex, Int32 lineLength, Double paragraphWidth, TextParagraphProperties paragraphProperties, TextLineBreak previousLineBreak, TextRunCache textRunCache)
       at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.TextFormatterImp.FormatLine(TextSource textSource, Int32 firstCharIndex, Double paragraphWidth, TextParagraphProperties paragraphProperties, TextLineBreak previousLineBreak, TextRunCache textRunCache)
       at System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
       at MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(UIElement element, Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Controls.StackPanel.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell(Int32 cell, Boolean forceInfinityV)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32 cellsHead, Size referenceSize, Boolean ignoreDesiredSizeU, Boolean forceInfinityV)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(UIElement element, Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Decorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Documents.AdornerDecorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverrideHelper(Size constraint)
       at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(Visual value)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisual(Visual value)
       at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisual()
       at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double requestedTop, Double requestedLeft, Double requestedWidth, Double requestedHeight)
       at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowImpl()
       at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindow()
       at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
       at System.Windows.Window.Show()
       at Microsoft.Devdiv.Bootstrapper.ManagedUx.RunUI(ViewModelCommonUi viewModel)
       at Microsoft.Devdiv.Bootstrapper.ManagedUx.RunInteractiveUI(ViewModelCommonUi viewModel)
       at Microsoft.Devdiv.Bootstrapper.ManagedUx.InternalRun()
       at Microsoft.Devdiv.Bootstrapper.ManagedUx.Run()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]e000: MUX:  Exception: Info: InnerException: Info:
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]e000: MUX:  ERROR: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]e000: MUX:  Stack:    at MS.Internal.Classification.MILGetClassificationTables(RawClassificationTables& ct)
       at MS.Internal.Classification..cctor()
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]i000: MUX:  Metrics: ShouldSendData=True
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]i000: MUX:  Permission to upload: Yes
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]i000: MUX:  Preparing to serialize data.
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]i000: MUX:  Data serialized.
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:26]i000: MUX:  Number of SQM File queued: 1
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:31]e000: MUX:  WARNING: Dispatcher processing has been suspended, but messages are still being processed.
    [03E4:16FC][2016-01-27T22:58:31]e000: MUX:  Stack:    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
       at Microsoft.Sqm.NativeMethods.SqmApi.SqmWaitForUploadComplete(UInt32 dwTimeoutMilliseconds, UInt32 dwFlags)
       at Microsoft.Devdiv.Bootstrapper.UserFeedback.MetricsSQM.EndAndSend(Boolean sendNow, Boolean sendFullData, UInt32 appId, String& storeXml)
       at Microsoft.Devdiv.Bootstrapper.UserFeedback.MetricsVariable.EndAndSend(Boolean sendNow, Boolean hasPermisisonToUpload, UInt32 appId, String& storeXml)
       at Microsoft.Devdiv.Bootstrapper.UserFeedback.Metrics.Uninitialize(Boolean rebootInTheMiddleRequest, String& storeXml, Dictionary`2 appInsightProperties)
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:36 AM
  • Hi Jeffery,

The onedrive link you post in the last reply shows that "The folder is empty".

I'm afraid that you haven't upload the vslog successfully.

Please share the visible file to us for further troubleshooting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:40 AM
  • lana now I cant submit the new link for  onelink this forum wont let me add a link to my reply says my account cant be verified. well why was I able to earlier in this thread. this is getting very frustrating im going on two weeks just to install visual studio. ive been trying to be patient but im ready to give up. this is not rocket science. ive got a new link to my files on one drive and I cant get it to you. I go on onedrive and they say due to volume my account will be shut down for 24 hours. I come back here and I cant add the link to show you my logs ther must be an easier way!!! I pasted the two errors I found in the log file in this thread no response. well I understand you probably need the entire log file. I feel like the least important person on this entire forum. isn't there anybody out there Who can help me. if im doing somthing wrong TELL ME. cause I don't care if this is an issue with onedrive, msdn, or me I just would like to get this thing installed so I can move on. 

Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:32 PM
  •  1 drv . ms / 1JLVZta is the link  to my vslogs.cab file
    Friday, January 29, 2016 4:00 PM
  • https://1drv.ms/1JLVZta is the link to my vslogs.cab

please take a look at my log files and tell me what you think.
    • Edited by jeffrey513 Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:28 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:26 AM