none
InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio Information RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to create an instalation for my existing project. My question is > Is this free to use? I created an application for small firm. ... I downloaded "InstallShield Limited Edition".

Thanks for answers.

Monday, July 11, 2016 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you should check the license agreement. When installing the product, a license is shown and you have to accept it.

I read through the license and I didn't find any limitation. The limitation is the product itself which is limited in its functions (Just my personal view).

Inside the directory c:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\Support\0409> I found some EULA which includes a section regarding evaluation software - but that part should not fit because the download didn't say anything regardig evaluation. So the use is not limited and the registration key is valid without a deadline.

Please allow me to point you to alternatives, too:
    a) WiX - Windows Installer XML is the tool that we have choosen when Microsoft dropped the Setup Projects. It might be hard at the start but once you understood the basics it is great.
    b) You can still get the old Setup Project if you want to: Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Installer Projects.

I hope this helped a little bit.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by TakeshiKitano Monday, July 11, 2016 9:53 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 9:39 AM