none
Registering .OCX control for VS 2008 under Windows 7

Question

• I have a VB 2008 application that uses MSFLXGRD.OCX in a couple of modules.  All works well under Windows XP, but that control will not register under Windows 7.  When I try to use regsvr32 to register the control, it tells me that I need administrative rights, and I am the administrator of the system.  There must be some further security for the registry under Windows 7?

Any guidance or clues would be greatly appreciated.  This application is critical to company operation, and with the impending move from XP to Windows 7, I really need to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks!

LDC
    Monday, August 16, 2010 7:45 PM

Answers

• Do you run the command line from which you use regsvr32 as an admin?  On Win7, you need to specify that you want to run processes as an administrator, even if you account is an admin.

From the start menu, right click on the command-prompt and select "Run as Administrator"

Carl Brochu, Visual Studio
    • Marked as answer by LyleD Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:43 AM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:19 PM

All replies

• Do you run the command line from which you use regsvr32 as an admin?  On Win7, you need to specify that you want to run processes as an administrator, even if you account is an admin.

From the start menu, right click on the command-prompt and select "Run as Administrator"

Carl Brochu, Visual Studio
    • Marked as answer by LyleD Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:43 AM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:19 PM
  • That did the trick!  Thank you, sir!!
    LDC
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:43 AM