🔐 Notice of closure RRS feed

• General discussion

• This forum was intended for developers willing to integrate applications with what was called at this time Geneva Server back in 2008. 

For ADFS IT questions, please post here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=ADFS

The TechNet ADFS forum is intended for questions and discussions on the Active Directory Federation Services feature. This includes ADFS 2.0, ADFS 2.1, ADFS on Windows Server 2012 R2 (also known as ADFS 3.0) and ADFS on Windows Server 2016 TP4.

This includes the following categories of questions: installation, update, upgrade, configuration, troubleshooting of ADFS and the proxy component (Web Application Proxy when it is use to provide ADFS pre-authentication).

Unless instructed otherwise, this will also be the place for the development topics you might have with application integration with ADFS.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, April 18, 2016 12:50 PM

All replies

• I would strongly suggest that this decision be re-visited.

What is driving this?

There is far more to ADFS than IT Pro questions.

There still needs to be a forum for claims rules, WIF, OWIN, WS-Fed, SAML, custom MFA etc. etc. as they pertain to ADFS.

Where are these going to live?

I have no problem with moving everything to the "new" forum but then it is no longer IT Pro only.

What do others think?

Monday, May 16, 2016 6:52 PM
  • This is a good point.

I can file the creation of a forum for ADAL, OWIN, etc.. and other developers questions (I see that most of it is taking place on StackOverflow instead of MSDN).

Really, most of the questions here are IT Pro questions for ADFS (deploying, configuring and troubleshooting ADFS) not questions on how to develop application using it. Most of the time incorrectly redirected from the Directory Services forum in TechNet.

You can ping me if you want more details!

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, May 16, 2016 9:37 PM