none
Could not find file 'Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=*, PublicKeyToken=6595b64144ccf1df, ProcessorArchitecture=*, Type=win32'._[projectname]

Question

• Hi, I am getting the following error when i try to publish my application with the checkbox for ClickOnce Security On.

Could not find file 'Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=*, PublicKeyToken=6595b64144ccf1df, ProcessorArchitecture=*, _ Type=win32'.   [projectname ]

It builds fine when the box is unchecked.

If I uncheck the checkbox, it checks itself on when I try to publish the project. and the above error comes up in the error list. What seems to be the problem? How can I correct it?

WinLight

Monday, November 22, 2010 1:33 PM

Answers

• Winlight,

There is a special forum for clickonce in the VB range 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbide/threads

Be aware that with Visual Studio 2010 there are two more deployment techniques MSI and Install Shields.

With Click once you have therefore a better chance in the VB Express forums while there is even a general Click Once and Deployment forum.

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by winLight Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:57 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:02 AM

All replies

• Not sure if it's the same issue, but see if the following helps:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/a3a16fc1-f94f-41ec-9a13-7b70456e9642

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Monday, November 22, 2010 3:21 PM
  • thanks paul,

i feel it is not the same issue. as they had problems while building their projects.

my project builds fine when the ClickOnce Check box is not checked, but when I try to publish it the error comes up, it has something to do with the ClickOnce thingy. I am a student (guess what! even my teacher is flummoxed with this also!)

winlight

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:05 AM
  • Winlight,

There is a special forum for clickonce in the VB range 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbide/threads

Be aware that with Visual Studio 2010 there are two more deployment techniques MSI and Install Shields.

With Click once you have therefore a better chance in the VB Express forums while there is even a general Click Once and Deployment forum.

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by winLight Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:57 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:02 AM
  • thanks cor,

I have sorted it out

winlight

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:57 AM
  • Hi winLight.

I have the same problem. How did you sort it out?

Jacques Bourgeois
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 4:56 PM
  • hi Jacques,

All i did was delete the last line of windows 7 compatiblity

Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=*, PublicKeyToken=6595b64144ccf1df, ProcessorArchitecture=*, _ Type=win32'.  [projectname ]

in the  manifest file, and reloaded the project! It worked.

Don't ask me what happened ! I m surprised myself!

WinLight

WinLight Learning the "Basic"s
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:48 PM