none
How can I build Website project using TFS 2015

Question

• Hi,

We have implemented TFS 2015 and later that we found many of old applications are designed as WebSite Project and not Web Application project. How we can create build and use release to deploy. 

Some online articles suggest to convert Website project to Web Application and then build it. Does, there exists other solution to it, as developers are not comfortable converting to Web application.

This issue has really stuck us to use manual deployment. Please suggest if there exists way around.

Thursday, March 02, 2017 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Shyamal and Ashutosh,

Thank you for posting here.

You can try to create a blank solution and add the website project to that solution, it will create the TFS bindings in the .sln file, then add solution to Source Control in TFS.

Please refer to this thread and Building a website with TFS build for your reference.

Best regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 03, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Thanks Andy,

We are analyzing converting website to web applications. I will get back if any queries.

Monday, March 06, 2017 4:12 PM
  • When it comes to building a website, I prefer using this flexible drag&drop website builder that is meant to make a website creation process as simple as abc. It doesn't require any specific knowledge at all. Even a complete non-techie can craft an effective website with ease.
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:47 AM