none
VS 11 Beta "Go Live" Project Types RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any restrictions on the project types we can create for "Go Live"? In particular I am looking to create SharePoint 2010 solutions for production use with VS 11 Beta.

Cheers,

Sig Weber

If you want a smart answer, ask a smart question http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Smart developers always view source.

Saturday, March 3, 2012 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Sig Weber, there are a few resources that you may find helpful to your question.

There is a file called "license.htm" on the VS11 Beta ISO installer, you may want to have a look at regarding creating solutions for production use.

In addition to that, you can get "Go Live" support from this link in any case you encounter any issues after you deploy your solutions for production use.

Please do have a look at the Visual Studio Beta Readme as it does contain some known issues regarding Sharepoint development as it may or may not affect you since you have mentioned in another thread that you are running side by side installations of VS 2010 and VS 11.

• Marked as answer by Sig Weber Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:30 PM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Sig Weber, there are a few resources that you may find helpful to your question.

There is a file called "license.htm" on the VS11 Beta ISO installer, you may want to have a look at regarding creating solutions for production use.

In addition to that, you can get "Go Live" support from this link in any case you encounter any issues after you deploy your solutions for production use.

Please do have a look at the Visual Studio Beta Readme as it does contain some known issues regarding Sharepoint development as it may or may not affect you since you have mentioned in another thread that you are running side by side installations of VS 2010 and VS 11.

• Marked as answer by Sig Weber Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:30 PM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 7:57 AM
  • Thanks for the pointer. I've already been over the readme and saw the SharePoint related issue. Lucky me that it doesn't apply in my case because while I run both VS 2010 and VS 11 Beta in parallel I'm not doing this on the same physical machine, but rather use isolated separate virtual machines for each.

Cheers,

Sig Weber

If you want a smart answer, ask a smart question http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Smart developers always view source.

Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:30 PM