none
Custom Screen Template documentation RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any new documentation for LightSwitch for VS 2013 regarding custom screen templates.  In particular, the ViewID's are all wrong in the current docs (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh304428.aspx) as are the code snippets in the walkthroughs.  An example of this is that the docs say Microsoft.LightSwitch:DataGrid, but I believe that it should be Microsoft.LightSwitch.RichClient:DataGrid.  When you try to use the templates created with the current walkthroughs, you will get an error that says: "The add new operation failed.  Could not resolve the Id 'Microsoft.LightSwitch:DataGrid' to an editable model item."

DCastenholz

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:24 PM

Answers

• We are currently updating all of the extensibility docs for VS 2013. They should be published in early November. For ViewIDs you will need to add a client type identifier - Microsoft.LightSwitch.RichClient:ControlName or Microsoft.LightSwitch.MobileWeb:ControlName.

Hope this helps, 

Steve Hoag Microsoft aka the Lights Witch (IEnumerable of Newt)

Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The ViewIDs that you need to use will vary depending on whether the user has upgraded  their project to use the HTML client, and this is shown in the following:

For more details, you can refer to the link below:

Custom Screen Template View IDs

http://rd.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4302-5072-2_22/fulltext.html

We actively monitor forum conversations in an effort to receive feedback that helps us continually improve our products, so we have logged this feedback accordingly. 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:34 AM
  • We are currently updating all of the extensibility docs for VS 2013. They should be published in early November. For ViewIDs you will need to add a client type identifier - Microsoft.LightSwitch.RichClient:ControlName or Microsoft.LightSwitch.MobileWeb:ControlName.

Hope this helps, 

Steve Hoag Microsoft aka the Lights Witch (IEnumerable of Newt)

Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:24 PM
  • Thanks.  I am currently working on a shell, some themes, and a screen template.  The documentation is still a bit rough, but LightSwitch is such a great product that I will wait patiently.  The more I use LightSwitch, and the more you guys document and expose the internals, the more I appreciate the sophistication of what you have created.

Thanks again.

DCastenholz

Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:34 PM