none
Visual Studio 2017 Emulator for Android? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just installed Visual Studio 2017 and I can't find how to install Visual Studio Emulator for Android as downloading from this link https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/msft-android-emulator/ does not install on VS 2017.

Thanks in advanced,

Asaf

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Asaf,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For VS 2017, please run the VS setup.exe, select continue->Modify>Individual components->Emulators tag->Visual Studio Emulator for Android, check it and update:

Note:

Please make sure your machine meets the following system requirements

• Hyper-V support

• 6 GB or more of RAM.

• 64-bit version of the Pro edition of Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows10 or higher

• A processor that supports SSSE3 or later.

Please refer to: Visual Studio Emulator for Android, which is also applicable to VS 2017 RTM.

If the machine configuration doesn't meet them, the setup dialog will show as below:

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by 宝宝徐Moderator Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by AG701 Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:49 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Asaf,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For VS 2017, please run the VS setup.exe, select continue->Modify>Individual components->Emulators tag->Visual Studio Emulator for Android, check it and update:

Note:

Please make sure your machine meets the following system requirements

• Hyper-V support

• 6 GB or more of RAM.

• 64-bit version of the Pro edition of Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows10 or higher

• A processor that supports SSSE3 or later.

Please refer to: Visual Studio Emulator for Android, which is also applicable to VS 2017 RTM.

If the machine configuration doesn't meet them, the setup dialog will show as below:

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by 宝宝徐Moderator Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by AG701 Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:49 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Thank you very much for the information

Leonardo Romero Castro

Saturday, April 1, 2017 2:14 PM
  • Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro 8GB 64-bit and a Core i5-3570k that supports SSSE3 and I have Hyper-V enabled, still can't Install the MS VS emulator for android, any suggestions on what to look out for?
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:23 AM
  • what is the error? please print screen

Leonardo Romero Castro

Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:06 AM
  • Are you running this in a Virtual Machine?  If so make sure the setting for the processor within VMWare is set to "Enable hypervisor applications in this virtual machine" is checked under advanced options.  This bit me and took a while to find.

I have a VMWare virtual machine running on a Mac with Windows 10 64 bit installed, 6 GB Ram allocated, and Hyper-V installed within Windows and it finally showed after changing this VMWare setting.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:43 PM
  • How to enable Hyper V windows 10 

there is no hyper v checkbox in my windows features list

windows 10 home

system -

processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

installed memory RAM: 8.00 GB

system type: 64-bit Operating System, x64- based processor

pen and touch: touch support with touch points

is there a way to download HYPER V

Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:48 PM
  • The second line explains your problem! Hyper-V is a feature restricted to Windows Professional and Windows Enterprise (and Windows Server SKUs).

Windows 10 Home does not support Hyper-V. However, one of the only reasons to use VS Emulator for Android instead of the Android Emulator from the Android SDK is that the Android Emulator from the SDK conflicts with Hyper-V.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:27 PM
  • Why the Emulator APIs are not updated!

The latest I can see i only API 23

Sunday, March 31, 2019 4:58 PM