none
ERROR- The program '[5520] pdgpgi.vshost.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I am using Visual Studio 2013.

I am new and beginner to this programming. I would like to ask problem happened to my program this few days. The problem is, when I build the program shows 

"========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="

also when I rebuild program, it shows

"========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped =========="

but, when I run, it shows

"The program '[4900] pdgpgi.vshost.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff)."

I have no idea what happened with the program since I search everywhere but doesn't find the answer. Thank you. 

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hi stizalke,

Thank you for feedback.

What is the target framework and the platform target of the project? May you could change the target framework as v3.5 and change the platform target to x86.

Note: right-click the project >> click Properties >> select Application/Build

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by stizalke Friday, May 31, 2019 12:43 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Stizalke,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

The vshost.exe often is to makes debugging launch quicker, And from your error, it seems that there is one conflict in the debugger. Please restart your visual studio, and right-click the project > click Clean > build your project , then re-run your program.

If there is any update information, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by stizalke Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by stizalke Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:12 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:14 AM
  • I try to do same as before in other project an this project, but the same error happened.

The program '[2984] CopyFTPFileToSDrive.vshost.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

But, sometimes it successfully 

Successfully downloaded file.
    The thread 0x18e8 has exited with code 259 (0x103).
    What should I do? Because I search about the 
    code -1 (0xffffffff)
    and nothing related show. 

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:18 AM
  • Hi stizalke,

Thank you for feedback.

What is the target framework and the platform target of the project? May you could change the target framework as v3.5 and change the platform target to x86.

Note: right-click the project >> click Properties >> select Application/Build

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

• Marked as answer by stizalke Friday, May 31, 2019 12:43 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:48 AM