none
Vsix Context menu taking Time to enable. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am working on VSIX tool, I have added context menu(IDM_VS_CTXT_PROJNODE) for project if it is CodedUI ,Mstest , UnitTest project.

I can able to see menu on project right click, But when my project size is big then it is taking time to load the context menu.Can anyone help to solve the Problem.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Monday, June 3, 2019 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi DineshT25,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your descrption, this issue is more related to VSIX development.Since this forum is discussing about usage tools in VS IDE, we will move this thread to Visual Studio Integrate forum for better support.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:24 AM
  • Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

What's your VS version? And do you add a custom command Item in your VSIX project, then set the IDM_VS_CTXT_PROJNODE like this?

<Groups>
          <Group guid="guidCommand1PackageCmdSet" id="MyMenuGroup" priority="0x0600">
            <Parent guid="guidSHLMainMenu" id="IDM_VS_CTXT_PROJNODE"/>
          </Group>
        </Groups>

<Buttons>
          <Button guid="guidCommand1PackageCmdSet" id="Command1Id" priority="0x0100" type="Button">
            <Parent guid="guidCommand1PackageCmdSet" id="MyMenuGroup" />
            <Icon guid="guidImages" id="bmpPic1" />
            <Strings>
              <ButtonText>Test Context Menu</ButtonText>
            </Strings>
          </Button>
        </Buttons>
    I've tried many times but can't reproduce the same issue. What's the size of your project? 

Please check if this document helps to trouble-shooting.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi friend,

Any update for this issue? Have you tried to Update your vs to latest version or repair your vs?

Also, I'm wondering if other third-party extensions interrupt the load process(right-click project), so please disable other extensions in your VS except your extension, and restart VS to check if it helps.

Any feedback would be expected!

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 9:45 AM