none
How to exclude the Unwanted hosts/URL's in web performance test? RRS feed

Answers

• A plugin for filtering (removing) unwanted dependant requests is described on page 189 of "Visual Studio Performance Testing Quick Reference Guide" (Version 3.6), see http://vsptqrg.codeplex.com/ . It is easy to create variations of the plugin that have tests other than the Url...StartsWith() written in the core of the code.

We tested a web page that included some image files but some were not available on the severer and so those dependant requests always failed. The images were merely for logos and not important for the test. So we called the above plugin specifying the image URL and the missing file did not cause a test failure. Of course we told the developers about the missing images.

Regards

Adrian

Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Nandini

I think we can delete them from WPTs by delete button on keyboard. Select the unwanted url and hit delete button. I am not sure about the impact on WPT by this deletion.

Thanks
    The Ghost

Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:14 AM
  • Hi Sudhish,

Thanks for the reply.

I dont want to delete any URL. wanted to know whether do we have any option to exclude hosts/URL's.

In dependant request am not getting few host names. Internally the main URL is calling some hosts.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:33 AM
  • A plugin for filtering (removing) unwanted dependant requests is described on page 189 of "Visual Studio Performance Testing Quick Reference Guide" (Version 3.6), see http://vsptqrg.codeplex.com/ . It is easy to create variations of the plugin that have tests other than the Url...StartsWith() written in the core of the code.

We tested a web page that included some image files but some were not available on the severer and so those dependant requests always failed. The images were merely for logos and not important for the test. So we called the above plugin specifying the image URL and the missing file did not cause a test failure. Of course we told the developers about the missing images.

Regards

Adrian

Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Hello,

Since we haven't heard from you for some time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please feel free to unmark it to reopen it or submit a new question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:05 AM