none
Where Am I Asking For Old Boost Library? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks:

I've recently moved to VS Studio 2015 Community edition and I'm re-building projects built with VS 2010. 

I've built the current version of the Boost C++ library, 1.60. 

When I try to migrate a couple of projects from VS 2010 that use Boost this error pops up:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc110-mt-gd-1_50.lib'

I might have created a reference to this library somehow a few years ago and forgot about it. 

I've crawled around in the properties for these projects and I'm not seeing where I'm referencing this old Boost library. 

Any idea where I should look to find and remove a reference to this library?

Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:25 PM

Answers

• Scrap the old solution/project files, create fresh ones using VS2015 and import the existing source.
    • Marked as answer by a_unique_name Friday, October 7, 2016 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:33 AM

All replies

• Linker inputs in project properties, any similar settings in custom property pages used by your projects, and #pragma comment directives in source code.
    • Proposed as answer by Bordon Friday, May 13, 2016 5:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by a_unique_name Friday, May 13, 2016 10:07 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by a_unique_name Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:03 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:32 PM
  • Linker inputs in project properties, any similar settings in custom property pages used by your projects, and #pragma comment directives in source code.

Thanks RLWA32:

I'm not finding the reference. 

This project exhibits other issues.  I have a project that is the main module and another project that has hundreds of C++ and header files that make up the static library for this project.  The solution explorer for this library shows all of the source and headers at the project's top level, and not under "Source Files" and "Header Files".  In itself this isn't a problem but other similarly arranged projects do have separate source and header sections, so something's not right. 

It's been like this for years and I always get a complaint about parts of the freshly compiled project being out of date when I try to debug it. 

Something in the project hasn't been right for a while. This project has migrated from VC6 to VS 2010 and now VS 2015. 

I think I'm going to take the time to create a new project with VS 2015, move the several hundred source and header files into it and start over. 

As always, thanks.
          Larry

Friday, May 13, 2016 10:17 PM
  •    I'm back. 

I've had other projects that required my attention, but now, 4 months later, I'm able to take another look at this. 

The problem persists. 

I've used Windows Search on every file on my computer, including .props and the project's source file files, for the string: "libboost_filesystem-vc110-mt-gd-1_50".  I'm finding nothing. 

Boost is up to version 1.61 now.  I've built the library and referenced it's location in the linker's section of the property pages. 

VS 2015 still fails to link because this obsolete library is not found. 

Suggestions?

Thanks
          Larry

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:14 AM
  • Scrap the old solution/project files, create fresh ones using VS2015 and import the existing source.
    • Marked as answer by a_unique_name Friday, October 7, 2016 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Thanks RLWA32:

It turns out my problem is that I had an old version of Boost's headers in the header directory. 

Getting rid of that fixed everything.

Thanks
        Larry

Friday, October 7, 2016 9:08 AM