none
Cannot get VS2008 to switch from VB to C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed VS2008, then installed all Windows updates and the SP1 update.  I wrote a couple of small apps in VB as a class project, now I need to change to C# which I did as follows:

- Tools

- Input & Export Settings

- Radio button: Reset all settings

- Radio button: No, just reset settings

- Select Visual C#

- Finish

The toolbars change to C# toolbars, but when I start a new project (with a name I've not used before) it is saved as Form1.VB, appname.VBproj, and may more VB suffixes and no CS suffixes showing up in the Projects folder.  What can I do to fix this?

Thanks, Bill

Monday, June 21, 2010 11:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Bill,

Resetting the IDE settings from VB.NET environment to C# environment doesn't convert the project from one language to another (in this case VB.NET to C#)

You must do the conversion manually, or you can use converter tool that provided by 3rd party (just Google or Bing it)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ferry Meidianto | My Blog

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Ferry Meidianto Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:18 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Resetting the IDE settings from VB.NET environment to C# environment doesn't convert the project from one language to another (in this case VB.NET to C#)

You must do the conversion manually, or you can use converter tool that provided by 3rd party (just Google or Bing it)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thanks Ferry, but it turned out to be something totally different . . . a dumb error on my part!

- Bill

• Marked as answer by MrBill3 Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Bill,

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

• Proposed as answer by Ferry Meidianto Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:18 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Thanks Ferry, but it turned out to be something totally different . . . a dumb error on my part!

- Bill

• Marked as answer by MrBill3 Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:13 PM