none
Visual Studio 2017 Professional - License Error (0x00000001): Invalid Online License RRS feed

• Question

• For some strange reason, I can no longer use VS2017 since I'm receiving and error regarding my license.

I tried everything from https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/3302bd85-fefb-4287-b2d0-12a8c26c0307/license-error-0x00000001-invalid-online-license?forum=vssetup and nothing worked.

When I try the "Check for an updated license" I receive the following error:
    We could not download a license. Please check your network connection or proxy settings.

I really need some help on this one since I'm not able to work right now
    Friday, September 27, 2019 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Even I am facing the same problem and haven't found a solution.

Friday, September 27, 2019 12:22 PM
  • Hi Pfms,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the pain and trouble that this issue caused! The online license server is not correctly returning licenses before, the server side change and this issue has been resolved now. You should be able to launch and use Visual Studio now. 

If this issue persists, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:48 AM