none
IDebugControl4 OutputWide RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to output Chinese characters using the debugger engine, and can't seem to figure out how to. In the VS debugger, it seems like the characters are staying the same until they reach the OutputWide function. I'm trying to use it with the format L"%ls" and tried L"%s" also, but the characters are always output as "??"

How can I output these characters properly using this engine?

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, January 31, 2019 4:37 PM

Answers

• Changed the function creating the file from "OpenLogFileWide" to "OpenLogFile2Wide" with the DEBUG_LOG_UNICODE flag set, and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by kbayda Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:02 PM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting here.

>>IDebugControl4 OutputWide

Seems that your issue is more related to Windows debugger, so I will move this thread to Visual Studio Diagnostics forum for better support.

Best Wishes,

Jack

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 1, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hi kbayda,

Do you mean that you want to output the Chinese characters in the VS output window?

If so, what is your windows' language? Do you install the Chinese language package for your VS IDE?

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:27 PM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply,

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm using the IDebugControl4 engine to output debug logs to a file, and I want to output Chinese characters to these logs.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:29 PM
  • Changed the function creating the file from "OpenLogFileWide" to "OpenLogFile2Wide" with the DEBUG_LOG_UNICODE flag set, and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by kbayda Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:02 PM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:02 PM