none
Visual Studio Won't Launch RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My visual studio 2015 won't launch. I downloaded it for studying c++. I tried to launch it but it failed. It keep giving me an error which state this. "Class not registered, Looking for object with CLSID: %s."

If I restart my pc or repair it using the installer back, it will let me launch the app but it will crashed when loading components. When I try to launch it again, it will give me back the error above. This is so frustrating I can't use the app to study now. I can only use an online compiler but I want to learn using Visual Studio. If you need anymore information just reply. I hope you can help me. I am running windows 10 by the way and never have any issue. Thank you so much.

ps/ I don't know where should I post this because I cant seems to find a way to contact Microsoft via email. So I posted here. If it is wrong, please move this thread somewhere which is suppose to be. Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi azliamirul17,

Thank you for your update and sorry for my delay reply.

Our policy is one issue one post, your operation about uninstalling VS 2015 is also as a solution. For VS 2017 RC, Joyce will offer you an appropriate way for troubleshooting.

By the way , the VS 2017 RTM is coming soon, Waiting for the version is also a choice.

Besides, we’d love to hear from you! For problems, let us know via the Report a Problem option in the upper right corner,  either from the installer or the Visual Studio IDE itself. Track your feedback on the Developer Community portal. For suggestions,  let us know through UserVoice.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by azliamirul17 Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi azliamirul17,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

I think you are a hardworking and clever boy. Could you please tell us where did you download and install the VS 2015? Just according to your description, the VS wasn't installed well. The reason that some files or registries didn't load well. 

If the repair of VS from Control Panel still no help, please try with steps as below:

1. Use the Visual Studio Uninstaller to uninstall the Whole VS cleanly,

2. Download a VS 2015 With Update 3 Community ISO from:

https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/

3. Use the FCIV.exe tool l to check the SHA1 value of the ISO, Compare with official SHA-1 Hashes:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/vs2015-sha-vs

4. After making sure the ISO is ok, use it to re-install VS.

5. If you would like to learn about C++, please also select It's related tools:

Tips:

1. Make sure you install the latest recommended updates and patches from Microsoft Update before the installation.

2. During the VS installation, temporarily disable AV software and firewall.

If any problem still exists, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:37 AM
  • I reinstalled visual studio but the error is still here. I noticed there's a pop-up after the installation. I don't remember the number but I saw something that says about vs_(number here). It says that it failed to install or something. It also give me an error 0xc0000005. Is there anything like a crash log that I can post here? Maybe it will help.
    Friday, February 3, 2017 5:22 PM
  • Hello,

My visual studio 2015 won't launch. I downloaded it for studying c++. I tried to launch it but it failed. It keep giving me an error which state this. "Class not registered, Looking for object with CLSID: %s."

If I restart my pc or repair it using the installer back, it will let me launch the app but it will crashed when loading components. When I try to launch it again, it will give me back the error above. This is so frustrating I can't use the app to study now. I can only use an online compiler but I want to learn using Visual Studio. If you need anymore information just reply. I hope you can help me. I am running windows 10 by the way and never have any issue. Thank you so much.

ps/ I don't know where should I post this because I cant seems to find a way to contact Microsoft via email. So I posted here. If it is wrong, please move this thread somewhere which is suppose to be. Thank you for your understanding.

I reinstalled visual studio but the error is still here. I noticed there's a pop-up after the installation. I don't remember the number but I saw something that says about vs_(number here). It says that it failed to install or something. It also give me an error 0xc0000005. Is there anything like a crash log that I can post here? Maybe it will help.

Saturday, February 4, 2017 10:16 AM
  • Hi azliamirul17,

Thank you for your update.

>>It also give me an error 0xc0000005

The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver.

>>Is there anything like a crash log that I can post here?

You could use  http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. find vslogs.zip from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to  Onedrive and share the link here. I will help you find the root cause according to the log file.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 6, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

To analysis the detail error information about this failed installation, I need your help to the installation log. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Please have a look at the thread which may have the similar issue with you: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/2101e17b-79ff-4d4d-b2ba-34ec8718c6ad/visual-studio-2013-always-crashes-on-startup?forum=vssetup

In the thread, the issue was caused by the driver for his graphics card. Please have a look at the following methods:

1. Update your graphics drives

2. Setting DisableHWAcceleration = 1

3. Rollback to a previous driver version

Best regards,

Joyce

Monday, February 6, 2017 3:39 AM
  • https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArDqNr3BU9Bfh1Njyky8-p-5_yhZ

here is the link.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:55 PM
  • https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArDqNr3BU9Bfh1Njyky8-p-5_yhZ

here is the link.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:56 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

>>Error 0x800705b4: Failed to wait for child to connect to pipe.

[26F4:19D0][2017-02-04T00:03:29]e000: Error 0x800705b4: Failed to wait for embedded process to connect to pipe.

[26F4:19D0][2017-02-04T00:03:29]e000: Error 0x800705b4: Failed to run embedded bundle.

[26F4:19D0][2017-02-04T00:03:29]e000: Error 0x800705b4: Failed to run bundle as embedded from path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{7a68448b-9cf2-4049-bd73-5875f1aa7ba2}\vsupdate_KB3022398.exe

Please confirm the current use is a local administrator and run the VS installer as administrator, disable any Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware software on your computer.

You could use VisualStudioUninstallerhttps://github.com/Microsoft/VisualStudioUninstallerto uninstall visual studio completely (pleaserun it a couple times) and then reinstall visual studio visual studio 2015 with update 3 from here: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/.

Best regards,

Joyce

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:35 AM
  • Hi azliamirul17,

I checked your log, and find the following error:

WixRemoveFoldersEx:  Entering WixRemoveFoldersEx in C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSIB009.tmp, version 3.6.2314.0
    WixRemoveFoldersEx:  Error 0x80070057: Missing folder property: WEBTOOLSITEMTEMPLATESCACHE for row: RemoveICFolder
    CustomAction WixRemoveFoldersEx returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

The missing folder property error is really complicated, which indicates your OS has incorrect parameter of dlls and files.

I suggest you use sfc/scannow command to check and repair some missing files and dlls. We need to make sure the Windows system works fine without any exception.

then run the VS installer as administrator to repair it again.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:38 AM
  • Hello, I uninstalled Visual Studio 2015 because of this unsolvable error. So I installed the Visual Studio 2017 RC. I didn't got the error anymore and also manage to get into the main menu. But a new error pops up. Here is my new thread regarding this. Thank you for your help.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e725468d-414e-4186-81b0-025abb524716/visual-studio-2017-crashed?forum=vssetup

Friday, February 17, 2017 6:53 PM
  • Hi azliamirul17,

Thank you for your update and sorry for my delay reply.

Our policy is one issue one post, your operation about uninstalling VS 2015 is also as a solution. For VS 2017 RC, Joyce will offer you an appropriate way for troubleshooting.

By the way , the VS 2017 RTM is coming soon, Waiting for the version is also a choice.

Besides, we’d love to hear from you! For problems, let us know via the Report a Problem option in the upper right corner,  either from the installer or the Visual Studio IDE itself. Track your feedback on the Developer Community portal. For suggestions,  let us know through UserVoice.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by azliamirul17 Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:33 AM