none
"Go live" with a share add in application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I've developed a shared add in application using Visual Studio 2005.

Does anyone know how I install the addin on a computer that doesn't have Visual Studio installed...

I'll be happy for any answers :)

Thanks

Monday, November 13, 2006 12:37 PM

Answers

• Yes of course. If you are writing a managed add-in then you need an eniv (.net 2.0) to execute it.

You need to copy all the dlls that you reference, to the client m/c. Whether they are PIAs or any other dlls. You can choose to GAC all the dependent dlls.

Hope this helps
    Regards,
    Pavan

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you asking how to create a setup for your add-in and install on end-user computers?
    Or are you trying to ask something in particular to VS installations issues?

If it is the former, then here is what you need to do

1)  Add Setup type of poject to your solution
    2)  Right-click on your setup project and say Add - Project Output
    3)  In the drop-down, select your add-in project and in the selection box under it select Primary Output.
    4)  Chk if you need to package any updates like KB908002. Do as instructed in the KB articles
    5)  Build and your setup is ready. You just need to run on end-user m/c which have .net 2.0 but not necessarily VS

Hope this helps

Regards,
    Pavan

Monday, November 13, 2006 1:29 PM
  • Thank you. I ment creating a setup for my add-in.

So, then I understand that the end-user computer must have .net 2.0 installed.

What about the PIA's?

Thanks for helping me :)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:35 AM
  • Yes of course. If you are writing a managed add-in then you need an eniv (.net 2.0) to execute it.

You need to copy all the dlls that you reference, to the client m/c. Whether they are PIAs or any other dlls. You can choose to GAC all the dependent dlls.

Hope this helps
    Regards,
    Pavan

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:48 AM