none
WC_TREEVIEW and TVN_SELCHANGED (Selecting Item in Treeview) RRS feed

• Question

• i have a treeview where i want to check which item is selected.
    the docs say that the treeview will send the message 'TVN_SELCHANGED' to its parent but it can't find it. it seems as if this message is not sent. I checked every message that was sent to all parents and "grand"-parents of the treeview up to the main-window but neither a TVN_SELCHANGED was recevied nor any other message that i could use to identify the selected item.
    Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:22 AM

Answers

• TVN_SELCHANGED is sent within a WM_NOTIFY message. The TVN_SELCHANGED is not a message itself, its just a notification code for WM_NOTIFY!
    Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:23 AM

All replies

• TVN_SELCHANGED is sent within a WM_NOTIFY message. The TVN_SELCHANGED is not a message itself, its just a notification code for WM_NOTIFY!
    Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:23 AM
  • thanks for the quick reply!

i checked the WM_NOTIFY messages, the only codes that arrive in the parent message-proc are NM_CLICK, NM_SETCURSOR and NM_CUSTOMDRAW but no TVN_SELCHANGED!

Does the TVN_SELCHANGED shared its id with another notification, or is it unique?

are there any good books to buy or articles on the net which describe detailed the windows messaging architecture?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:57 AM