none
C++/CLI WCF template for VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I just checked with the Project Wizard for C++ under VS2008 Sp1 and could not find WCF template.  Is there such a thing?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't believe there is but you can create your own project and item templates (maybe this can help).

Regards,
    John
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:09 PM
  • Hi tosa,

Though there is no built-in WCF template for C++/CLI, if what you want is just consuming some WCF service, you can use a C# or VB.NET class library to create the managed WCF proxy class and reference that class library in your C++/CLI code. Is this possible option for your scenario?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 3:12 AM
  • Consuming is no problem (svcutils.exe).    I just need a way to generate a WCF C++/CLI project quickly like the C# WCF template does.   When I generate a C# WCF using the template, I get all necessary references and web.config which contains debugging and mex endpoint included.   Is there a C++/CLI developer who can do this at Microsoft?   I can manually do all these things but it is becoming tedious.   Thank you.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:49 PM