tcm run /publish leaving MTM tests in progress for VS 2015

Question

• Hi,

The 2015 version of TCM.exe is leaving published tests with a state of in "In progress".

Notes*

The history shows the published test results.

The 2013 version of TCM works.

I have reproduced this behavior using the 2015 version of TCM against TFS 2013 and VSTS.

****** This issue has been fixed with update 3*************

https://www.visualstudio.com/news/releasenotes/tfs2015-update3-vs

Monday, February 01, 2016 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Troy,

Based on my test in 2015 version of TCM with TFS 2015, it works fine, the state is completed. I opened a test run in MTM and download the trx file, then open it and change the id of TestRun, after that publish it to TFS through command in TCM.

How do you get that result file? Please provide the detail steps.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:15 AM
  • 1.  Run tests:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe" /testcontainer:C:\Temp\quicktests.dll /resultsfile:"C:\Temp\testResults.trx"

2. Upload results:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\TCM.exe" run /publish /suiteid:# /configid:# /resultowner:"ME"  /resultsfile:"C:\Temp\testResults.trx" /collection:"https://SITE.visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection" /teamproject:PROJECT

3. Tests show "In progress"

*Note - Analyze Test Runs show the run was successfully uploaded

• Edited by Troy Walsh Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:23 PM Formatting issue
    Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:23 PM
  • It looks like this may be an issue with VSTS.

Going against TFS 2010 updates as expected.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:52 PM
  • Hi Troy,

Based on my test with VSTS, I can reproduce that issue too, but both 2013 and 2015 version of TCM tool have that issue. You said that the 2013 version of TCM works, do you check it with VSTS?

On the other hand, could you reproduce that issue with TFS 2013?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 3:21 AM
  • Hi Starain,

Unfortunately I do not have a 2013 TFS available to me at this time, but I just retested the 2013 version of TCM against VSTS and the tests are being left "In Progress".

So it look like we are seeing the same thing.

Thanks,

Troy

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 2:48 PM
  • Hi Troy,

So, this issue is related to VSTS. For the issue related to VSTS/VSO, the VSTS forum is the better place and I will move it there for you.

You may submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com.

Regards

Starain

Thursday, February 04, 2016 5:12 AM
  • Hi Starain,

Any idea if this is going to get fixed?

Overall I love the work that has been going on with VSTS, but this just bad. - 6 months seems like a really long time to not fix this bug.

Thanks,

Troy

• Edited by Troy Walsh Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:58 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:50 PM