none
When I open Microsoft Visual studio 2017 it stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 ( community ) on my machine which has a windows 8.1, Each time I open it; a message occurs that Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 has stopped working. I don't know how can I solve this problem, So if any one can help me I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

• Edited by wisamdo Sunday, May 6, 2018 6:18 PM
    Sunday, May 6, 2018 6:16 PM

All replies

• Go to "Tools" | "Extensions and Updates...".  By default the "Installed" node in the left is selected. Is there anything in the middle column indicating you have an extension of plugin installed? If so then one of them might be the problem.

Otherwise there is probably a log somewhere with more information but I don't know where to look, someone else can probably help. If you have not looked at the Event Viewer then you can look there since there might be something there.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:05 PM
  • Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:10 PM
  • Note that I was going to suggest Safe Mode but I was waiting for a response to my question about extensions and plugins.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:55 PM
  • You replied to me but I hope you understand that I don't have the problem.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:56 PM
    My suggestion to try safe mode was a reply to the initial post.  This is a reply to you. :)
    Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:59 PM
  • Make sure you install Visual Studio 2017 on your Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355 installed).

Please refer to Visual Studio 2017 Product Family System Requirements 

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 7, 2018 9:25 AM

My suggestion to try safe mode was a reply to the initial post.  This is a reply to you. :)
    I guess that not everyone uses threaded view as described by Heslacher in what is the underlying type of this Enum, if it has a object wrapper? but (as described in that) whatever button is used to create a reply does affect the formatting in threaded view.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, May 11, 2018 11:23 PM