none
COM Interop exception in MSI package

Question

• I have migrated the VB code to VB.net and Kept the Interop dlls as it is. Withe that .Net code I have created the .msi Package and installed the application on my desktop. But when I tried to run the application it's throwing error as:

Error: An error occured in creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The Error is: Could not load file or assembly 'AxInterop.ComctlLib, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of it's dependencies. The System cannot find the file specified.

Please help to run the application in a success way...

• Moved by Larcolais Gong Monday, October 11, 2010 8:28 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Kutti,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forums.

Based on your description, please check whether AxInterop.ComctlLib is added into References.

If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
    CHEERS,
    Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Kutti_Thangam Friday, October 01, 2010 10:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kutti_Thangam Friday, October 01, 2010 10:23 AM
    Friday, October 01, 2010 8:07 AM
  • Hi Larcolais,

I made the package only after adding the reference AxInterop.ComctlLib to the project file. Now I am trying to install that package in windows 7 system I got the error. By the time of flash screen appearance getting the following error.

Error: An error occured in creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The Error is: Could not load file or assembly 'AxInterop.ComctlLib, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of it's dependencies. The System cannot find the file specified.

Please help on this.

Thanks,

Mary

Friday, October 01, 2010 10:28 AM
  • Hi Mary,

Your app doesn't still load this DLL. 

I would recommend that you should check whether this DLL is support on Windows 7.

You could consult your concern in Deployment.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/winformssetup/threads/

CHEERS,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:47 AM
  • Hi Mary,

I'm writing to follow up this thread.

Any update?

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

CHEERS,

Larcolais

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:11 AM