none
Cannot find webform template RRS feed

• Question

• I have already tried devenv /installtemplates and devenv setup . Reinstalled VS 2012 . The problem still remains. Also the webform is added if i try right click new item - > Webform but when i right click and directly add webform ,it doesnt work.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi tushru2004,

Glad to receive your reply.

As you said that it worked well before, if possible, you could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands, or you can set path to the system environment.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE

Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

After these, you can create a new project in a new workspace to avoid if there’re any problems of the old workspace settings. If this issue is also exists, maybe you could reinstall the vs2012, or you could install it in other machine, and check whether it has the same issue, if it worked well, maybe you could try to copy the WebForm.zip as my previous reply.

If still no help, to get the issue confirmed and diagnose by product team, would you please create connect report for it? You will get email notification for update. http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi tushru2004,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Just to make this issue clearly, you create a Web app, and then you could add it under Add->New Item->Web Form, but not under Add->Web Form, am I right?

If so, I try to check it in my machine, it worked well in my VS2012 Ultimate version, just to make this issue clearly, which VS version are you using, the Ultimate or others? Does it work well in other machine if you have?

Like the error message, could you get the WebForm.vstemplate in the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\CSharp\Web\1033\WebForm.zip”?

If it doesn’t have it, I doubt that it is the VS setup issue. You would check whether you install the VS in the default path and install Windows development components when installing VS.

One idea is that you could copy 1033 folder from other machine, and then run the command line, C:/Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0/Common7/IDE> devenv.exe /setup or devenv /installvstemplates, check it again.

A connect report about the similar issue, if possible, you could refer it, hope it could help.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/758581/could-not-find-itemtemplate-path

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:13 AM
  • Yes you described the issue correctly . I am using VS 2012 Professional . I am sure this problem wouldnt show up in other machines because it didnt exist a month ago even on my computer. And i am not surprised that you are not able to reproduce it. My only concern is that after doing a fresh install of the entire vs 2012 product the problem still continues.  For the last part of your comments i have the following screenshot . As far as copying from other machine is concerned , i am the only one who uses VS 2012 here and i would have to do a fresh install somewhere else and then copy. I can do devenv log if that helps

• Edited by tushru2004 Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:07 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Hi tushru2004,

Glad to receive your reply.

As you said that it worked well before, if possible, you could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands, or you can set path to the system environment.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE

Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

After these, you can create a new project in a new workspace to avoid if there’re any problems of the old workspace settings. If this issue is also exists, maybe you could reinstall the vs2012, or you could install it in other machine, and check whether it has the same issue, if it worked well, maybe you could try to copy the WebForm.zip as my previous reply.

If still no help, to get the issue confirmed and diagnose by product team, would you please create connect report for it? You will get email notification for update. http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:54 AM