none
Error when running Selenium case on a Test Agent RRS feed

• Question

• We are switching from Coded UI to Selenium. I downloaed the Nuget packages for Selenium Web Driver and Chrome driver. I created a test and it works perfectly on my local machine. Once I associated the test to Microsoft Test Manager and tried to use one of my test agent to run the automated test it failed and I recvied this error message:

Test method Selenium_SmokeTest_CustomerAccount.CustomerAccount.CustomerAccount_Chrome threw exception: OpenQA.Selenium.DriverServiceNotFoundException: The chromedriver.exe file does not exist in the current directory or in a directory on the PATH environment variable. The driver can be downloaded at http://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html.TestCleanup method Selenium_SmokeTest_CustomerAccount.CustomerAccount.CustomerAccount_Cleanup threw exception. System.NullReferenceException: System.NullRefe

What do I need to do?

KJ

Monday, September 9, 2019 6:28 PM

All replies

• You can try to add reference of Selenium.WebDriver.ChromeDriver. Last week I got this issue when added a wrong driver.

Avik Das

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:07 PM
  • Hi KJ_5000,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, please check below points for your agent:

• When using the Microsoft-hosted agent, you should use the Selenium web drivers that are pre-installed on the Windows agents (agents named Hosted VS 20xx) because they are compatible with the browser versions installed on the Microsoft-hosted agent images. The paths to the folders containing these drivers can be obtained from the environment variables named ChromeWebDriver (Google Chrome), also see UI testing considerations.

Please refer more here: Decide how you will deploy and test your app

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:08 AM