none
Script error when loading a page inside WebBrowser Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm writing a auto form filling bot to complete and submit the form automatically by VB.net 2010 with the WebBrowser control. To let it emulate IE8 function, the following registry items have been added to the registry:

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

MyApp.exe -> REG_DWORD 0x00001f40 (8000)

The control successfully emulate IE8, but it fails with script error on submitting the form. I don’t want to suppress the error because I want the scripts to run properly and let the bot to go.

The form can submit without any script error under standard IE8 browser, but not in my exe file that using WebBrowser control. Some javascript function can be load without problem under the WebBrowser control, while the others are not.

Then I test my application on the other machine using IE9 and emulate IE9 under the registry, this time the form give me another javascript error. The form can submit without any script error under the IE9 browser.

It seems that some javascript has been blocked by the WebBrowser control. How can I force it to be fully enabled to make my bot operate flawlessly?

Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:50 AM

All replies

• Does not seem to be a VB question istself if the results are different in different environments.

Success
    Cor

Monday, October 1, 2012 4:41 AM
  • Where is the correct place for this question? This question has been asked too many times, but most of them are not properly answered and I still finding the solution for it.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 8:30 AM