none
How to use qtdesigner in visual studio? RRS feed

• Question

• I started learning qt a week ago but i have been having problems using the qdesigner, I am able to create the design using the qcreator but I can't find a way to use it in the visual studio, the form folder is also absent in my visual studio(and from the other questions answered, i noticed this is where the ui file is meant to be located), I have also tried converting it to a pro file from the command prompt but the ui file is never found. I will appreciate it if someone can break the process involved in converting the ui file to a header or cpp file down for me
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Abdulmueez,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Before you use QT tool in visual studio , you should download and install Qt Visual Studio Tools

>>In the visual studio, click Tools>click extensions and Updates>select Online>search Qt Visual Studio Tools > install it then restart visual studio

>>on the tool bar, click Qt VS Tools > click Qt Option > under version tag and add your installed Qt version > click OK

>>Then click File>create new project>select Visual C++>select Qt to create a new Qt project such as QT GUI Application, then you can see form folder in solution.

>>Also click Qt VS Tools>click 'Open Qt Project File' to open your existed project. In the solution please click "show all files">right click .ui file >click "Include In Project" ,then double click the file and you can use qtcreator in visual studio.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi friend,

Sorry for bothering you.

If my reply is helpful for your issue, please mark it as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members easier to search the solution.

Thanks,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 21, 2019 7:53 AM