none
How to manually create a ipa file for iOS simulator platform build? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to test an application on a iOS simulator, but the iPA option cannot be checked for iOS simulator build. The ipa does not come out even though I manually modify the configuration xml file. Is there a way to work around that?
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:24 AM

Answers

• Hi hrrcqq,

Thank you for reply.

I'm afraid that you could not build an ipa with x86 architecture in visual studio. From the Wikipedia:

"An .ipa (iOS App Store Package) file is an iOS application archive file which stores an iOS app. Each .ipa file includes a binary for the ARM architecture and can only be installed on an iOS device."

And you could also refer this answer from stack overflow, maybe you could try to use xcode command to build the .app file in the required architecture.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by hrrcqq Monday, November 25, 2019 5:09 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi hrrcqq,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

You could go to Project Properties/Bundle Signing, then check if Signing Identity and Provisioning Profile is same with what you generate on MAC device.

In addition, please refer the workaround from Stack overflow, then check if you lack some steps about configure it.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:02 AM
  • Following the step, I think I can generate an arm64 ipa file, but it is not compatible in iPhone simulator. I also want the ipa build in x86 format.
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:36 PM
  • Hi hrrcqq,

Thank you for reply.

I'm afraid that you could not build an ipa with x86 architecture in visual studio. From the Wikipedia:

"An .ipa (iOS App Store Package) file is an iOS application archive file which stores an iOS app. Each .ipa file includes a binary for the ARM architecture and can only be installed on an iOS device."

And you could also refer this answer from stack overflow, maybe you could try to use xcode command to build the .app file in the required architecture.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

• Marked as answer by hrrcqq Monday, November 25, 2019 5:09 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 7:20 AM