none
Unable to load my project in Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I started a project in Visual Studio 2010 at school but had to finish it at home, I assumed I could just send myself all of the files and it would work but it seems that's not the case.

I have all of the files in my Projects folder saved on google drive, but I'm unable to load the project at home.

Visual Studio says it's unable to load and gives me a blank project with the same name as the one I'm trying to load.

Apparently I'm not allowed to post an image or link in the question, so could you tell me which files I need? I think I have them all but the way visual studio saves projects confuses me.

Thanks,

• Moved by DuncanP Saturday, November 8, 2014 8:13 PM
    Saturday, November 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Answers

• You need the entire solution folder from the school computer. The hierarchy of subfolders and files in the solution folder must be preserved.

If it's possible, copy the entire folder to a usb drive, then copy the folder from the usb drive to you home computer. Alternatively, you can create an archive (.zip, for example) of the entire solution folder and its contents. Then, send the archive file to yourself and open the archive on your home computer. The solution folder and its contents will be created on your home computer so you can then open it.

"Apparently I'm not allowed to post an image or link in the question, so could you tell me which files I need? I think I have them all but the way visual studio saves projects confuses me."

You can get around the link/image limitation (before your account is verified) by posting links as plain text strings. Simply put the link into your draft message, highlight it, then click on the "Remove hyperlink button in the message window toolbar. You can also share images by uploading to a public site, like OneDrive, then posting the links to the images here.

Sunday, November 9, 2014 4:30 PM