none
MFC appliation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to run an MFC appliation using third party library.It is working fine in "Release mode" but when I am trying to run it in "Debug mode"
    it is building successfully but while debugging a window is pop up saying........ 

Application.exe: Application error

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002).Click OK to close the application"

Same application is working fine on others PC(in both mode) but not on mine.....

I had reinstalled VS2010 twice but the problem is sustain.I had also tried solutions given by peoples on variuos forums on internet.

My system configuration is...
    windows 7 (32 bit)
    ram 4 GB

Please Suggest me how to resolve this problem.....ASAP....

Thankyou.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:17 AM

Answers

• Do you mean the error is popup when you debug the debug version project under Visual Studio?

What about just run that debug version application out of Visual Studio?

I recommend you to compare the debug version build output and the release version build output, if there're any files is not in the debug version output folder.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

I you can use this tool to detect which file is necessary for your application, then check your system, if the files are in.

And then you can use the Process Monitor to check that process at runtime, to see which file search proceed is not succeed, then try to check if that file caused the issue. 

And this is not a Visual Studio debugger problem. It seems that your code or your application want to access that file, but failed. It is not like the Visual Studio Debugger try to searched file.

Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Anup,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Based on the error 0xc0150002, it seems that the System can’t find some files.

Try to rebuild your app, open the debug folder in your project, and check whether it generated some files.

And try to statically link with CRT to check it.

Reference:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/thread/fd4be16f-35b7-42c5-9f95-498870599d1e#627c67a5-f0e1-4249-a9fa-c65694e1b794

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Friday, January 20, 2012 5:27 AM
  • hanks for reply!!!!!!!!!

My application is building successfully.But while debugging or say final running i am getting that Application error...

following are the files i am getting in my Debug folder after successfull building...

1-> Application.exe
    2-> Appiication.exp
    3-> Application.ilk
    4-> Application.lib
    5-> Application.pdb

please suggest me any solution.......

Thanks in Advance!!!!!

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Do you mean the error is popup when you debug the debug version project under Visual Studio?

What about just run that debug version application out of Visual Studio?

I recommend you to compare the debug version build output and the release version build output, if there're any files is not in the debug version output folder.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

I you can use this tool to detect which file is necessary for your application, then check your system, if the files are in.

And then you can use the Process Monitor to check that process at runtime, to see which file search proceed is not succeed, then try to check if that file caused the issue. 

And this is not a Visual Studio debugger problem. It seems that your code or your application want to access that file, but failed. It is not like the Visual Studio Debugger try to searched file.

Mike Zhang[MSFT]

Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:54 AM