none
UML Code Generation and Template Binding Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got some questions regarding the UML Modelling Tools from Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate. It is the first time I work with the UML-Tools shipped with VS.

(1) I do not really understand the code generation process. The classes / interfaces it creates may not be edited and thus seem to be hardly of any use. Other tools like Enterprise Architect leave the bodies of methods / properties untouched when a structural diagram is recreated. VS override my implementation. I also don't want to create something like base classes just to make the UML-tools work. That would be rather insane.

(2) Don't get it managed to bind to a template parameter of an interface. According to the MSDN docs I have to create an interface, add a template param, create a class with Inheritance-relationship to the interface and then add a Template Binding. But the template binding list is alway empty. "None" is the only item to select.

(3) Why isn't there any code generation support for activity/seq. diagrams? Compared to Enterprise Architect, the VS code generation abilities are rather limited...

Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:14 AM

All replies