none
One Tescase - more Tester (to each Configutaion) - but only one "Assigned" to" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a test case  (TC1) in MTM with more configurations (WinXP, Win7 andWin8) and set the Tester (Joe, Tim and Bil) them as follows:
    1.Tester for TC1 & WinXP: Joe
    2.Tester for TC1 & Win7:   Tim
    3.Tester for TC1 & Win8:   Bil

If I set "Assigned to" in MTM or in TFS for  1. Joe, then will set "Assigned to" for all the three configuration to Joe too.

Is it a bug, perhaps ?

Thanks in advance,

Michel

• Edited by Michel777 Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:24 PM
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Michel777,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, I tried it and it works fine (Each tester for the configuration who I specified aren’t impact of others). (I specify the testers by click Assign button and the environment are VS2012 and TFS 2012)

I would like to know something as follows:

1. What the version of VS and TFS are?
    2. Do you specify the testers to each configuration by click Assign button:

3.  Please provide the detail steps that you specify the testers if the steps are different for me.

Thanks

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Michel777,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, I tried it and it works fine (Each tester for the configuration who I specified aren’t impact of others). (I specify the testers by click Assign button and the environment are VS2012 and TFS 2012)

I would like to know something as follows:

1. What the version of VS and TFS are?
    2. Do you specify the testers to each configuration by click Assign button:

3.  Please provide the detail steps that you specify the testers if the steps are different for me.

Thanks

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:36 AM
  • Hi Michel,

Do you have mentioned members added in that team project?

If not please added in the TFS Team Project.

So that you can assign the test cases to different members as per the Starain Chen.

Thanks

Santosh

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:49 AM