none
Uploading SharePoint template while creating the TFS project getting LCID error

Question

• We have customized the TFS template as per our requirements.We have a stp file included in the TFS template and we are able to upload TFS tempalte on the TFS server. But, while creating a TFS project with the SharePoint option using this TFS template getting the following error:

"Exception Message: TF249033: The site template is not available for the locale identifier (LCID). The site template name is: TempSite. The LCID is: 1033. (type TeamFoundationServerException)"

I have installed and configured TFS 2010 server and WSS 3.0. Langauge of WSS3.0 by default is set to "English (US)" and the folder in the location "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE" is '1033'.

Any idea how to resolve this error?

Basavaraj C. Wadi

Friday, December 21, 2012 6:54 AM

Answers

• Hi John, Thanks for your reply..

I have customized the "MSF for Agile Software Development" template according the our requirements.

For:"When creating team project using your customized TFS template, if select don’t create SharePoint site, the team project can be created successfully?" -> Yes, i'm able to create TFS project without selecting SharePoint option.

I got this stp file from the correct template only, and the same template is wokring fine in other SharePoint servers.

I read the article you mentioned and i tried that opiton before raising the question in this forum, but the also i got the same LCID error..

But now, I resolved using the command windows as follows:

1. Open the command window and navigate to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN

2. Add the floowing command and press ENTER

Stsadm -o addtemplate -filename "<custom site template filename>.stp" -title "<site template title>"

3. Then reset the IIS (you can reset using the command "iisreset").

Now, create the TFS project with the Sharepoint option.. it'll work...:)

Basavaraj C. Wadi

Monday, December 24, 2012 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Basavaraj,   

Thanks for your post.

Which default process template you use to create the customized TFS template?

When creating team project using your customized TFS template, if select don’t create SharePoint site, the team project can be created successfully?

Where did you get that STP file? I suggest you get the STP file from correct template in your current WSS 3.0 site, please refer to the steps in this article: http://bartwullems.blogspot.com/2010/09/error-while-creating-new-team-project.html. In this way, I think your customized TFS template will use the same version STP file with other templates in your WSS 3.0 site.    

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Hi John, Thanks for your reply..

I have customized the "MSF for Agile Software Development" template according the our requirements.

For:"When creating team project using your customized TFS template, if select don’t create SharePoint site, the team project can be created successfully?" -> Yes, i'm able to create TFS project without selecting SharePoint option.

I got this stp file from the correct template only, and the same template is wokring fine in other SharePoint servers.

I read the article you mentioned and i tried that opiton before raising the question in this forum, but the also i got the same LCID error..

But now, I resolved using the command windows as follows:

1. Open the command window and navigate to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN

2. Add the floowing command and press ENTER

Stsadm -o addtemplate -filename "<custom site template filename>.stp" -title "<site template title>"

3. Then reset the IIS (you can reset using the command "iisreset").

Now, create the TFS project with the Sharepoint option.. it'll work...:)

Basavaraj C. Wadi

Monday, December 24, 2012 7:11 AM
  • Hi Basavaraj, 

Thanks for your reply.

I’m glad to hear that you got it to work and thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

All your participation and support are very important to build such harmonious/ pleasant / learning environment for MSDN community. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 24, 2012 7:44 AM