Using of reference for commercial or scientific project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can you help me to figure out, if I am able to use for free System.Speech.Synthesis tts default Zira voice, (without other Microsoft Speech Platform Runtime Languages or different specific voices), and also use System.Speech.Recognition reference of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS in my C# WPF or WinForms commercial or scientific project desktop applications, or I have to buy some license.

I'm not sure, but if a license is necessary to use references in my personal project, and if Microsoft License Terms is what should answer my question, exactly, what specific license do I have to get, anyway, I can't figure out, how to use Microsoft License Terms  in my particular case, because I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 Microsoft.Net Framework on Windows 10 Pro OS.

I hope, using of references must be free for Windows OS user/developer, and If I understand it correctly Microsoft Copyrighted Content concerns cases when an using of Microsoft product goes beyond software development in a native environment, like in this topic. My using is a Windows desktop software development in native environment.

Are this tools someway different, for example, from "using System" or any other basic references in Microsoft OS, in terms of using for Windows OS personal software development. If yes, then what I have to do, to use System.Speech.Synthesis and System.Speech.Recognition legally for personal commercial or scientific (non-commercial) Windows desktop application project.

Any advice or guide to find this information would be helpful

• Edited by l80 Friday, November 30, 2018 1:11 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi ladoo,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please have a look at this: Distributable Code for Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (Includes Utilities, Extensibility, and BuildServer Files) and it seems the System.Speech.Synthesis and System.Speech.Recognition not belong to the Visual Studio.

If it is part of Windows 10 Pro OS, please redirect to this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us to seek for a more professional, since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 30, 2018 9:40 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for answer

I'm trying to contact with real person from Virtual Agent, but it seems impossible.  Stackoverflow does not answers such questions. I don't know, where I can findappropriate information. In theory,OS references must be provided for developers in the native environment, for example Viseme Event from System.Speech.Synthesis namespace, must be used in games, but  there is no any kind of description with particular tools for independent developer using

• Edited by l80 Friday, November 30, 2018 1:24 PM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 12:51 PM
  • Hi ladoo111,

Sorry for this delay reply, since the .NET API is a public API and as my understanding, you should can use and distribute those references. Research around, I can only found this: https://github.com/dotnet/docfx/blob/dev/LICENSE.

If you still worry about it, maybe you can reach out on Twitter, @docsmsft, for quick updates, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:28 AM