none
link-error with VC8.0

Question

• BeeThreadGroupStatic.obj :

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Vector_const_iterato
    r<void *,class std::allocator<void *> >::_Vector_const_iterator<void *,class std
    ::allocator<void *> >(void * *,class std::_Container_base const *)" (??0?$_Vector_const_iterator@PAXV$allocator@PAX@std@@@std@@QAE@PAPAXPBV_Container_base@1@@Z
    )

hello, I get a link error, the project was good in VC 6.0 which I used.

we are on the migration from VC6.0 to VC8.0, I got the error.

I was trying to solve it, but I failed.

would you help me, anybody ?

thanks

Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:22 PM

Answers

• An Unresolved external symbol means that it can't find that function / variable in any of the source files or libraries that you are linking into the program.

Looking up CrtDbgReportW() its part of the C runtime libraries.

Go to your project properties, then go to linker->debugging. Make sure that "generate debugging info" is on.

Now go to C/C++->Code Generation and make sure that "Runtime Library" is set to on of the options with debugging set.

Hopefully that should fix it for you.

Regards

Jero

Friday, May 19, 2006 4:07 AM

All replies

• An Unresolved external symbol means that it can't find that function / variable in any of the source files or libraries that you are linking into the program.

Looking up CrtDbgReportW() its part of the C runtime libraries.

Go to your project properties, then go to linker->debugging. Make sure that "generate debugging info" is on.

Now go to C/C++->Code Generation and make sure that "Runtime Library" is set to on of the options with debugging set.

Hopefully that should fix it for you.

Regards

Jero

Friday, May 19, 2006 4:07 AM
  • Check also preprocessor definition. _DEBUG (for debug) or NDEBUG (for release)

Pascalito.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:47 PM
  • Since you are just getting this one error, the most likely cause is that you are not linking with the debug runtime in your debug build.  In the project properties:  Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library, make sure this is set to either "Multi-Threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)" if you are linking with the dll runtime or "Multi-Threaded Debug (/MTd)" if you are statically linking with the runtime.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:52 AM