Visual Studio 2015 Can't Attach to Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• While Silverlight is certainly sunsetting, it's not *gone*.  But now that I've switched from VS2013 to VS2015, I can no longer attach to a Silverlight process for debugging.  In my "Attach to process..." dialog, the process list's 'Type' column does not ever indicate Silverlight, even for my iexplore.exe processes running a Silverlight application. And if I try to choose to "Debug these code types", Silverlight is not in the list.

I can still use the "Start" button to launch a project that has Silverlight debugging enabled, and that works.  This proves that the capability is still in there, somewhere.  But if I need to re-attach to a running process, or a remote process, I can't.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:04 PM

Answers

• It turns out that "CoreCLR" does the trick.  My "Silverlight" processes show in the process list with "CoreCLR", and attaching using "CoreCLR" allows debugging as before.
    Monday, August 24, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi BrianSayatovic,

I got the same issue as yours, no "Silverlight" option in VS2015 now.

You can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously, if you submit it, please share me the link here, I will help you vote it.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 24, 2015 11:40 AM
  • It turns out that "CoreCLR" does the trick.  My "Silverlight" processes show in the process list with "CoreCLR", and attaching using "CoreCLR" allows debugging as before.
    Monday, August 24, 2015 12:38 PM