none
Uninstall all components of Visual Studio in commande line RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've made a script to install VS 2017 in silent mode with Unity, IIS, SQL and also Microsoft components.

Now I want to uninstall all of them silently too. But I'm not able to uninstall Unity, IIS, SQL with this command line :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vs_installer.exe" /uninstall --quiet --norestart.

I think it's because all these components are installed independently from VS Studio and are in different install folders.

There is a way to uninstall VS Studio completely with all its installed components by script as well ?

Best regards

Anthony

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

1.According to this document, you could use vs_enterprise.exe to execute the uninstall.

(Replace vs_enterprise.exe as appropriate for the product edition you're installing.)

2.And I found a blog which may help achieve the uninstall in silent mode. Something like:

(Optional) Create a batch file to uninstall Visual Studio 2017. My batch file contains the following command:

%~dp0mu_visual_studio_enterprise_2017_x86_x64_10049783.exe uninstall –quiet –wait

More details please check that document. A feedback if it's helpful would be expected!

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:33 AM
  • For the first point I already tried with the web installer (vs_enterprise.exe). But same result.

The second point its the same solution than the first point just for the execution its not the same.

And in the blog there's only Microsoft components added in the moment of the install

Anthony

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:35 AM
  • Sorry for my reply not works.

What does your install script look like? And what do you mean IIS, Unity, Sql? 

Do you mean something like(If I misunderstand anything, please feel free to correct me):

For these software, they are different product from VS. We can't uninstall them with VS.installer or VS.enterprise.exe. We have to uninstall them manually.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:07 AM