none
cannot access FileListAbsolute while compiling in vs2017

Question

• After every couple of builds i have to open task manager endtask Vbcscompiler.exe all instances of msbuild.exe over and over again and still it wont compile. i was hoping that with improved versions this problem will go away but it doesn`t. when is it going to get fixed. compiling is getting painful

Thanks

Regards

Thanks Regards

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi RIGHT_THEN,

Do you mean you can not compile your project due to the error "cannot access FileListAbsolute"? Could you please share us the complete log in the output window? It is just a common error without much specific useful info. Besides, does this issue occurrs on the new created project?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Thankyou Leo Liu for the reply.

Yes. it is like that. It is an old problem and visiting various forums and reading similar posts. It came to the fact that there is Vbcscompiler.exe and msbuild.exe`s running in the background which are the culprits. perphaps they hold locks on these files therefore one has to close them (endtask) and re-try and that is what I have been doing.

warning MSB3061: Unable to delete file

error MSB3491: Could not write lines to file

these are the only relevant log lines in the output window. rest are related to my project like where is xml documentation missing etc.

Sometimes it works other time I close my Visual studio and restart it to compile it happens with all kinds of projects new or old.

Thanks

Regards

Thanks Regards

• Edited by RIGHT_THEN Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:45 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:45 AM
  • @RIGHT_THEN, Thanks for your reply. Have you set those files into the source control or add the bin, obj folder to the source control? If yes, please move it out of source control.

Besides, check following thread if it give you some help:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/baa51174-0e51-445c-bef6-c2055788962d/error-could-not-write-lines-to-file-xxxfilelistabsolutetxt-access-to-the-path-denied?forum=tfsbuild

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 3:05 AM
  • No I have not set any folder/file to any kind of source control.

The given link does not address my problem from few days problem has become acute again.

Thanks

Regards

Thanks Regards

Friday, July 6, 2018 7:36 AM