none
vsinstr and vsperfcmd for native C++ 64 bit application RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo everybody,

I try to get the coverage information for a native C++ 64 bit application. I use the vsinstr and the vsperfcmd from the x64 path. After the test run also a .coverage file is created. But this file can not be loaded in VS 2015, no coverage information is shown at all and a OutOfMemory exception is thrown.

It is also not possible to use the CodeCoverage.exe to analyze the .coverage file, an error that the .coverage file is invalid is shown in the event viewer.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Stefan

• Edited by stefansta Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

Do you collect the code coverage with the steps like this document?

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/royrose/2011/08/30/manually-configure-and-run-code-coverage/

If so, what is the absolute path for the Performance Tools folder in your side?

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:46 PM
  • Hi Jack,

I use the tools from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools\x64. After running my application a .coverage is created, but an import to VS 2015 failed with an OutOfMemory exception.

The exception text in the Event Log is:

The description for Event ID 0 from source VSTTExecution cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

(devenv.exe, PID 6548, Thread 1) CodeCoverageInfoProvider.InitAnalysisEngine: Exception occurred: Code Coverage Analysis engine threw exception(s):
    Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Best regards,

Stefan

• Edited by stefansta Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:50 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:35 PM